Two of our new favorites summer pandemic activities come together in this dish which is gardening and grilling. Grilling because I got a new grill and I intend to use it. We also joined our community garden and now have more squash than we can count.
Pasta: Penne works best but others like rigatoni or elbow macaroni will work to.
- 1-2 large Zucchini
- 1-2 large Summer squash
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 ln Bell peppers
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package of goat cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Warm up the grill to 400-500 degrees F
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Cut squash evenly and toss with olive oil, salt, & pepper.
- Place veggies on grill. You may want to do this in batches. Asparagus and peppers are usually done first. I usually rotate them every 2 minutes.squash is usually closer to 4 depending on thickness.
- Cook past to slightly Al dente. Reserve 1/3-1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Combine reserved water with the rest of the sauce ingredients minus the goat cheese.
- Roughly chop veggies.
- Combine pasta, sauce, & veggies.
- Crumble in goat cheese and combine.