Earlier this summer I worked with my team to apply Behavior Driven Development practices to infrastructure that we deployed our products to. Prior to this the DevOps team simply identified toil and implemented solutions. Unfortunately this meant the reasons behind the changes would get lost over time. Having GHERKIN files with your solution means that information would not get lost. Interesting enough we were able to reduce the total size of the source code considerably because some of the user stories were no longer relevant.
I wrote a tutorial based on this experience that can be found here.