During the year of Covid I started a garden. I’ve had plants in pots before but this was the first time I had a section of land dedicated to plants. It turned out to be a great education opportunity for my son. However now I need to actually do something with what I grew. I was amazed how much plant there was above the carrot and wanted to make a meal which used it.
- 1+ carrots with top. Enough to make 2 cups of greens once the stems are removed.
- zucchini (optional)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- 1 cup of roasted unsalted cashews
- olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1lb of pasta (penne works well)
- Parmesan to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Separate carrot(s) from top and wash/peel
- Slice carrots and zucchini (optional) to somewhat equal size
- Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on sheet pan and put in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Wash and separate the greens from the tough stems. Also remove anything that looks…ugly
- Put greens, spinach, garlic, roasted unsalted cashews, and 1 cup of olive oil into a blender.
- Pulse until smooth. Depending on your blender you may want to add the olive oil in parts.
- Cook pasta until al-dente
- Drain most the water but not all. roughly half a cup
- Combine all and serve with parmesan.